Sleep deprivation has been my biggest shock of parenting.
Even more than toddler's rationale and pushing a baby out of my vag.
I never realized the droves of men and women that walk around like zombies everyday (or monsters in my case.) And how tired my own parents must have been.
Before I had kids, I thought I'd be fine...
"I am healthy." "I stay up late all the time..." "I've been an athlete most of my life."
Sure.
Boy do I need sleep. I love my bed. I love blankets. And naps. I love naps.
And am a much nicer person when I get a decent nights rest.
Now by decent, I mean 7 or 8 hours. Somewhat uninterrupted. For the most part.
The other day I was driving DJ to a doctors appointment, and my head bobbled! A good 3 or 4 times. While on the freeway! It freaked me out. After all, it was only 10a.m. And after the appointment I stopped to pump gas. Attached the pump. Payed. And drove away! Without removing the hose, or pumping any gas! Realizing it 20 miles later, drove 20 miles back to get my $20 in gas...and gas cap. Which, in this instance, I attribute only a little to my absent-mindedness, and a lot to my sleepiness.
And decided-
I am taking the CALL FOR MORE SLEEP.
AKA: GOING TO BED EARLIER,
dark curtains for the boys rooms,
and GOING TO BED EARLIER.
Wish me luck.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Linds...I feel your pain! Good luck with the going to bed earlier. Let me know how it goes!
ReplyDeleteIs this what I'm in for?? So many people have told me to enjoy my last 3 months and try to relax, take naps, read a good book, have romantic nights with my hubby and take a bubble bath while I still can without any interruptions. Believe me I am listening to their advice! Thanks for the update.
ReplyDelete